I don't think we can get any further with the information we have. If you can
provide us backtrace, that would be huge help. By default the core -file is
not generated, but as you have reproducible crash, just run the server in gdb
debugger. You need to run the actual binary though, not any script (such as
./fcser) that would run it in turn. That in turn may require setting
FREECIV_DATA_PATH to correct value yourself (but if you have configured in
srcdir, probably not)

> gdb server/freeciv-server

In gdb prompt:
> run

And once it crashes and returns to gdb prompt: