> The old river-moving one is unbuildable, so it can be in the
> game only if it's old savegame (or via editor).
I vaguely wonder about doing something to weed out old Riverboat units, like
adding a retirement effect that disbands them 10 turns after the old savegame
is loaded (...this probably isn't possible), or giving them zero moves in the
new ruleset but allowing them to be disbanded for production points, or
something like that. Just to avoid the incentive to hang on to your special
unique riverboats forever.