ok Jeremy, I believe that you arfe entitled a lot more than two cents on this topic ;-)

I also believe that FreeDOS is ready to 1.0. I installed it in a real user application which is heavy database + graphics in 32 bits and it behaved *better* than MS-DOS 7.10!!!

The only problem is that disk change detection that forced me to remove FreeDOS.

I had other small concerns like messages on-screen that I can easylly remove, but the kernel is too complex to understand and debug. I need help here, but I am working on it too. I believe that in this case the best debug path would be: 1) reproduce the problem with a machine and a program under control, 2) with your help and other people I can try many differents workaround the problem, 3) if I find a specific workaround then I am sure that a fix is possible.

One question: how can I force a complete fat re-read from disk? I have already tried int 13h ah=00 and int 21h ah=0dh without success. Is there any different way?

Alain