Le 26.05.2015 16:41, Steve Nickolas a écrit :

 > FreeDOS was, at least originally, intended to be a replacement and
 > successor to said original DOS.  Even MS-DOS 6.22 and PC DOS 7.0
still ran
 > on 5160s and Tandy 1000s.
 >
 > I think these days there's more of an attitude of FreeDOS being
mainly for
 > use in VMs, rather than on metal.  A shame, really.

I fully agree on this. The official OS of my XT is ms-dos 3.21 but the
6.22 works perfectly, and twice as fast as freedos.

Back in 2006, the development of FreeDOS was really about correctness
and compatibility with ms-dos, not about "wow we could make a 64 bits
version of this so I can work in text mode on my shiny Quad-core i7 with
latest GTX !"

EF