On Sun, 04 Feb 2018 22:40:25 +0100, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:

Hi Matej,

1. When loading SRDXMS.SYS (with only SHELLHIGH=COMMANDW.COM and
DEVICE=JEMMEX.EXE processed at that point), the driver loads, the kernel
prints "Kernel: allocated 48 Diskbuffers = 25536 Bytes in HMA", then
right after that I see "Not enough memory" ...

Are you sure that this does not happen with older FreeCOM?

Yes.

I think this is still an improvement compared to the previous version
(if compiled with OW), but the Turbo C++ version does not have any of
these problems.

Please explain :-)

What I meant is that 0.84-pre2 was even more unstable when compiled with OW (I remember getting "MCB chain is corrupt" errors when using LOADHIGH). 0.84-pre3 is better, but OW support is still lagging behind Turbo C++ in any case.