On Fri, 09 Feb 2018 14:47:58 +0100, Bart Oldeman <bartolde...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Matej,

can you post your exact config.sys and which kernel.sys you are using?

It's a modified version of the default one from FreeDOS 1.1:

!DOS=HIGH,UMB
!DOSDATA=UMB
!LASTDRIVEHIGH=Z
!FILESHIGH=40
!MENUCOLOR=7,0
!IDLEHALT=-1

; (MENU commands skipped)

; Default configuration
COUNTRY=038
DEVICE=\DOS\BIN\JEMMEX.EXE NOEMS X=TEST I=TEST FASTBOOT
DEVICEHIGH=\DOS\BIN\SRDXMS.SYS
SHELLHIGH=\COMMANDW.COM \DOS\BIN /E:1024 /P=\FDAUTO.BAT

however, I get 45 instead of 48 buffers in HMA, so the kernel is
likely different (the FD 1.2 kernel I got was 2042, Watcom, FAT32, May
11 2016).

Yes, I compiled it myself in 2015. It says it's 2042, but I don't know what has changed since then.

But even if you can't fix this, it's no problem for me to just work around it in FDAUTO.BAT.