Hi!

12-Мар-2004 21:08 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jim Lilly) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], "Arkady V.Belousov":

JL> I tried the only updating the boot sector using FreeDOS' SYS and got;
JL> D:\Download\FreeDOS>sys X: BOOTONLY
JL> FreeDOS System Installer v2.9, Sep 24 2003
JL> Processing boot sector...
JL> Reading old bootsector from drive X:
JL> Divide overflow
JL> WinXP throws up an error message because I'm trying to directly access
JL> hardware, but I'm allowed to ignore & proceed.

- v2.9 is outdated (old kernel).

- in SYS (also as in my BOOTFIX, which' IO based on code from SYS) is a bug
  (when calling INT 21/7305, CF is not set nor checked if after interrupt
  AX=7300, thus under NT/2k/XP processed wrong data), which doesn't allow to
  say about error reading (old) boot sector.

- you can't use SYS (and any other programs, which directly access disks)
  under NT/2k/XP.