Arkady,

> - v2.9 is outdated (old kernel).

Might be, but it's what's on.....
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/beta
9rc4/fdbootcd.zip

Also note; THAT CD of FreeDOS did NOT 'see' anything but the CDROM & Floppy
drives....no ZIP, no HD.

> - You can't use SYS (and any other programs, which directly access disks)
>   under NT/2k/XP.

HDD's, true. But as I stated earlier, WinXP throws up an error message
because I'm trying to directly access hardware, but I'm allowed to ignore &
proceed. Probably because that ZIP drive is recognized as a 'removable
disk' and not a true HD.

 --

     Jim Lilly - Team Z
     http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/teamzBios.jsp