Arkady,

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K379136B7

" Should I format my Jaz or Zip disk with FAT32?

Answer
Iomega® does not support nor recommend the use of FAT32 formatting
with Zip® or Jaz® disks.

Warning: Data integrity maybe an issue using FAT32 formatting. Iomega
recommends formatting Zip and Jaz disks with the IomegaWare™ software
format option."

WinXP wrongly allows me to format a ZIP-100 disk as FAT32, which ends up
NOT bootable. Iomega ONLY recommends FAT & NOT FAT32 for ZIP/JAZZ disks.

My conclusion then, is this;

1) MS's suggested minimum FAT32 partition size is 512MB
2) As a true HD, mathematically, 33MB is minimum for FAT32 partitions.
3) As a removable drive (ZIP/JAZZ) Iomega recommends ONLY FAT & NOT FAT
32    for such disks.

Only issue I'd wonder about, is why does FreeDOS claims
to have succeeded in formatting a ZIP 100 disk (formatted as FAT32)
when in actual use such a disk fails to be bootable?

I'll test that some more, today if I get a chance.
 --

     Jim Lilly - Team Z
     http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/teamzBios.jsp