Hi!

Johnson Lam wrote:

Forward an email from Jack, hoping everyone can understand what's
=====
Re: his comments to you that FD-HIMEM has "completed development", I
have noted not 1 but 4 ERRORS in FD-HIMEM!    [... Text deleted ...]

     I not seen anywhere mentions and descriptions for these errors.

Nor will QDMA, QCDROM, and now QHIMEM ever be part of FreeDOS, after
other TRASH involving the word "stupid" directed at me on FD-Devel 2
months ago,

Be more indulgent to other peoples, especially because sometime they may wrongly select words for expressing their thoughts!

and Jim Hall's refusal to delete XDMA/XCDROM on IBiblio!
Hall's "twisted" view of the GNU Open-Source license makes him think
he need NOT.

He is right - one of ideas of _free_ soft (expressed in GPL, BSD and other licenses) is a freedom to distribute free software...

I felt the GNU was NOT intended to limit my rights as
their AUTHOR, so XDMA/XCDROM were "gone" in 24 hours!

...and, AFAIK, GPL license can't be revoked. You may just use dual-licensing for those, who not wish to use your program under GPL license.

QDMA/QCDROM
now have no GNU or sources, as Hall ALSO made an "issue" of sources!

     This is bad. :(

So, pardon me if I LAUGH at Mr. DeVore's comments about QHIMEM being
in any sort of "memory manager race"!

     He right.

I simply wanted a better XMS
driver, and I wrote my own, whether OR NOT anybody in Illinois or in
Germany gave me their bloody permission!

Nobody prevents you from this. But you should know, that you spray the power - instead enhancing existing ones, you create other version, which may have own advantages, but have own drawbacks. The more worse, your work isn't open sourced, so, if by some reason you lost interest in your program, no one will/may continue its development. Big loss of powers. :(

And, please, be more polite - you may not like some countries, but don't spread your hate to all peoples in them (and vice versa).