-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Blair
Campbell
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:35 PM
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] Updated 1.0 Testing CD

On 8/2/06, Chris Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hmm, can you guys add some better LFN support? I disagree with the
Microsoft
> kludge. M

What do you mean? FreeDOS already supports the documented LFN
interrupts if the DOSLFN TSR is loaded.  And FreeCOM now also supports
LFNs in most operations.

> Maybe store them into descript.ion files or invent a new FS for freedos,

Unnecessary, see above.  DOSLFN access VFAT disks just like Windows,
and its long filenames are compatible.