Hi James,

> I downloaded http://odin.fdos.org/fdodin06.bin.zip
> and put it on my flash drive to be bootable.
> Is there a more recent bootable version because that crashes.

Yes ODIN is totally outdated. Please let me know what linked
to this version, so we can update the link to point to

www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/unofficial/balder/

> 1.1.33 build 2033 Jan 31 2004
> interrupt divide by zero, stack:
> 0CD5 ECA0 0A07 1105 5010 9989 0001 4200 0000 0280 0000 5873B 0002
> I've tried other (probably) older versions but they crash on my new
> machine too.
> I do not have a floppy and I run Linux.
> I have an ASRock-ALive NF%-eSata2+ mb.
> I just want to update the BIOS.

You may want to boot from cdrom or dvd :-) Most cd-writing tools
let you make a cd/dvd bootable by adding a diskette image. For
example the Balder one (even that is not most recent, Rugxulo
would probably be even better but is work in progress) :-).

Eric