Eric Auer wrote:
> Hi James,
>

>> [freedos 1.0] crashes after I press return on the menu.
>>

> Now for the 1.0 ISO I am absolutely sure that it does have a
> menu with several choices - more than just pressing return.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.0/fdbasecd.iso)

doesn't.
I ran balder in dosbox and it worked but I can't burn it to cd because
k3b says it is invalid (maybe because it is a floppy image.

I made a CD with the boot image balder10.img and it still crashes.

The exact menu options are:
1. continue booting from CD
2. boot from the first hard drive
3. boot from floppy
4. skip CD and try first  boot device

I wish I could capture the screen.

I ran 'boot balder10.img' from dosbox and I got a menu I'd never seen and it
didn't crash.