Eric Auer wrote:
> Hi James,
>

>> I downloaded http://odin.fdos.org/fdodin06.bin.zip
>> and put it on my flash drive to be bootable.
>> Is there a more recent bootable version because that crashes.
>>

> Yes ODIN is totally outdated. Please let me know what linked
> to this version, so we can update the link to point to
>
> www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/unofficial/balder/

Grrr, balder crashes too. :-(
Build 2036 Aug 18, 2006
interrupt dive by zero, stack:
0CD5 ECA0 0A07 1105 1B80 90A2 0001 4200 00FB 0080 0000 0549 0002 90A2

>> 1.1.33 build 2033 Jan 31 2004
>> interrupt divide by zero, stack:
>> 0CD5 ECA0 0A07 1105 5010 9989 0001 4200 0000 0280 0000 5873B 0002
>> I've tried other (probably) older versions but they crash on my new
>> machine too.
>> I do not have a floppy and I run Linux.
>> I have an ASRock-ALive NF%-eSata2+ mb.
>> I just want to update the BIOS.
>>

> You may want to boot from cdrom or dvd :-) Most cd-writing tools
> let you make a cd/dvd bootable by adding a diskette image. For
> example the Balder one (even that is not most recent, Rugxulo
> would probably be even better but is work in progress) :-).

I burned a couple of CD that both crashed so I decided not to waste
anymore CDs. :-)

I use k3b and I didn't see any option to use a floppy boot image. :-(
I'll ask on that mailing list.

Is there a way to extend FAT?
I did 'cat balder10.img > /dev/sdc' to make my USB key (/dev/sdc) boot
but I am having a hard time making the new BIOS fit.

> Eric

I think they were links off fdos.org

http://odin.fdos.org/