Hi,

I googled a lot on this subject: it seems that it is not possible to
boot from a CD when you are in grub. I have successfully booted floppy,
changed active partition from grub and even swap disks in such a way
that WinXP boots from the second disk...

I have already tested that using the tab key in grub ignores the CD, so
if you only get hd0,0 it is because there is only on disk with only one
partition.

Alain