I was thinking it would be useful to have an escape key sequence of some
kind.  LINUX consoles have a [system-request] key feature that is a kernel
option as I remember.
Taking this thought further, a general facility defined in an ini-file that
has escape-sequences matched to actions.  A key sequence would do some
action like sending an [end-of-print-job] escape sequence to a selected
output.  It could also be something to get control back to the DOS prompt.
 I'm sure there are other ideas in this form.

Just a thought.

Cheers.

--
John S. Wolter President