Robert Riebisch schrieb:
> Eric wrote:
>
>> I concur about the commercial virus scanners.
>
> But these are also not perfect. ;-)

Yes, them are far away from being at least sufficient.

Antivirus / Personal Firewall is a illusion of security. Antivirus is a
nice tool, but only a tool. Antivirus can not be the wall, it can be
only the endmost defense line, not even this... You can use it and scan,
if you really find a virus you know that something with your security
concept is wrong.

Read this interview "Trend Micro: Antivirus industry lied for 20 years"
-
http://resources.zdnet.co.uk/articles/features/0,1000002000,39440184,00.htm

My conclusion: stopping viruses != antivirus, but it's still an
interesting technology and a nice toy (ehrm, tool :)).

-mr