As Marco said, Word's Find and Replace does this easily - you need to click
on the 'More' button in the Find and Replace dialog, then click on
'Special', then insert as many of the characters as you like in sequence -
in this case, 'Paragraph Mark' and 'Tab Character'. Works like a charm!

I haven't had much experience with WordPerfect, but know many writers who
swear by it. Hard to get hold of a legitimate copy now, though.