Santiago Almenara schrieb:
> Thanks Alain:
>
> n Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Alain M. <ala...@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> if you use VMware you will nedd another driver... VMware creates a
>> Virtual machine and that means that everything is virtual. Including
>> that your virtual machine will allways be the same regardless of what
>> your real hw is, and will remain unchaged forever which is fery nice
>> when you upgrade your hw :)
>>
>  My problem is that I am installing FreeDOS over a clean partition in my PC.
> I am not using any kind of virtualization software for it.
>

>> The driver is probably Creative SoundBlaster AudioPCI
>>

> Do you think this card is also compatible with the Intel HDA ???

Dunno if I get your question right... If you use VMware then VMware will
use the generic sound API of the host operating system to create the
virtual sound device.

So yes, any soundcard should be ok for VMware to create the virtual
soundcard.

But note my previous e-mail where I said that VMware's sound support in
DOS is very bad.

-mr