Hi!

>> Another thing will be a list of things to test...

> Well, things like xmstest, memtest, idecheck

Those are not kernel related as far as I remember.
And when people report HIMEMX or JEMM386 issues,
it depends on whether their hardware is considered
to be widespread enough whether they get support.

> nssi

Hmmm NSSI was a hardware tester, I believe?

> arachne

Is not scriptable, alas, otherwise it would be
a good test case :-).

> ems test

See above.

> alloc test, dosidle

...?

> slowdown

Shrug... I wonder how much that depends on kernels...

> Often I tested some nice TSR (like a clipboard or clock tsr
> etc.) or something and it worked well for many things but
> in the end there was something no longer working or unstable.

Good point but how do you measure unstable?

> Well, then the next distro must be an unstable/beta distro.

No, there can be both :-)) A stable 1.1 base and a
beta unstable fancy things one :-) Simply because
there already is so much updated software from 1.0
that it would be quite easy to make a stable 1.1 :-)

> Requirements with new features, pretty guy, easiness and clickmotley.

Hmmm pretty GUI? I remember several attempts, they all
were less popular than GEM simply because there is more
software for GEM. Even though GEM has less eye-candy.
But you can still have a look at the others, SEAL etc.

Which new features?

>> USB and SATA drivers...
>
> dosusb doesn't allow commercial use

This might change this year for use in combination with FreeDOS.

> this would mean commercial users wouldn't be allowed
> to download the cd any further? or them are just not
> allowed to start that driver?

The latter IMHO.

>> And there is a port of clamav
>> which makes downloading f-prot unnecessary. It seems
>> that not much commercial software remains in use :-)
>
> Clamav is not yet better then commercial antivirus in virus findings.

It is better than f-prot for DOS because support for DOS
versions of commercial AV is pretty bad now in 2009...

Eric