Hello.

I installed FreeDOS on a partition of my HD, but, when booting it, it
says "Loading FreeDOS no KERNEL SYS".

When booting FreeDOS from CD, the partition is visible as C:. I even
typed again SYS C: from there.

Searching the Net, someone said the partition must be primary and have
the bootable flag set. Even in that case, it does not boot from CD.

http://fd-doc.sourceforge.net/faq/cgi-bin/viewfaq.cgi?faq=General_Information/225
says obscurely "a little tweaking (of the boot sector "linear partition
position" / hidden sectors value) should make LBA booting on any drive
letter possible", but it does not specify what to tweak and how.

Regards,
Fabrizio