Quoting Bernd Blaauw <bbla...@home.nl>:

> I've read that discussion and liked it, in my opinion looks nothing more
> than a thought experiment along the lines of:
> "hey thanks for releasing it as GPL3 but have you considered the effects
> of your choice in case somebody (has some software and) wants to do 'X' ? "
>
> People are fine with your choice, they're just creating awareness by
> being difficult about choices, without attacking the choices or the
> person(s) making them.
>
> Welcome to slashdot.org :)

Sometimes it is hard to tell the motivation.  I would have preferred
that the license discussion not be attached to the announcement of one
particular project and instead treated as a different/new thread of
discussion.  That removes any doubts.  A more appropriate use of the
announcement thread would have been to discuss the project goals or
technical questions.

However, I agree that it is time to move on.  We definitely don't want
this devolving any further ..

Regards,
Mike