I think that FreeDOS is a funny project and I like it. On rare
occasions I need it for BIOS upgrade on Linux boxes.

But frankly unless you have some unique binary software that only runs
on DOS, Linux is a far better choice on any hardware made the last 20
years. Not necessarily the heavyweights like Ubuntu and friends but
others exists too.

Mike