El 05/06/2011 09:56 a.m., Willi Wasser escribi├│:
>> You'd probably be amazed at how many embedded and industrial control systems
>> are based on DOS.
> Indeed! If someone pointed me out precize brands and models of systems that
> nowadays still use DOS i would really be amazed. (Are those systems just
> still around, or is there even real active development?) My personal
> experience is different. The last time i professionally came in touch with
> DOS was in late 1999. That's more than a decade ago. In the rapidly
> developing IT busyness this is almost an eternity.
>
> Is this phenomenon (if it really exists) perhaps limited to certain
> busynesses or certain parts of the world? It might be interesting to have
> some kind of survey.

There are great recovery software working with DOS:

- Photorec / TestDisk http://www.cgsecurity.org/
- Ultimate Boot CD

Any computer (new or old) with broken hard disk may become a funny game
machine
running games from cd.  Few time ago I did this with a friend's computer.

Would be to have a web server running on a dedicated DOS machine.