Hi,
   I'm not heavily familiar with Forth or DX-Forth (sadly) though I've
(barely) used it a few times. IIRC, the author (Ed) frequents
comp.lang.forth, so you could report the alleged bug to him (directly
or via newsgroup).

I don't know what would be going on in JEMMEX or 4DOS. I don't think
they were using the PIT or anything, but I'm really green about some
of the lower-level hardware stuff of IBM PCs.

Anyways, it seemed barely to work fine for me under DOSBox. And a
quick look only showed int 1Ah (BIOS) being used in DOSLIB.SCR, so I
don't know more than that.