On 4/11/2012 5:21 AM, Alex wrote:
> This is exactly the sort of nightmarish scenario I was worrying about!!
> I was hoping that someone would point out how foolish my worries were,
> but now they appear to be not so foolish after all...

As an end user, your fears are probably foolish.  Emulation and
virtualization work fine for anybody playing with DOS at the application
level.

DOS as a platform for embedded computing using generic PCs might be more
of a problem.  There will come a day when a new generic PC will not boot
the current versions of DOS that we know and love.  People using DOS
that way will probably move to more suitable embedded environments
before that time comes.

Mike