Wolfgang,

> I don't think that this is possible [using "CC" to flush UIDE's
> cache].  In my case, the installation program is asking for the
> diskettes one by one, so there is no way to issue a commandline
> command in between.

You are correct, and I am sorry to hear that.

Given the "high level of responsibility" [Ha-Ha!] taken by the
VirtualBox creators, it looks as if I will have to add another
UIDE switch, that disables diskette caching regardless of what
its other switches tell it to do.   Not easy -- UIDE2 has only
16 spare bytes before it goes back over a 7K .SYS file!   But,
I shall find a way!

Jack R. Ellis