At 09:22 AM 5/23/2012, Jack wrote:

>You are WRONG, Tom!!

Sorry, Jack, but he is not....

Honestly Jack, please don't explode each time someone is making a
critical statement. There simply is no reason to get all personal about this...

>UIDE has NEVER ignored if a diskette has change-line support!   It
>does in fact check the BIOS data table at 0:448h for bit 0 (change
>line for diskette A:) or bit 4 (change line for diskette B:).   If
>those bits are off, diskette A: or diskette B: will not be cached.

Beside assuming on my part that 0:0448 is a typo (and you are
referring rather to 0040:0041, as used in your sources), the problem
that Tom is trying to make you aware of is that you rely on the value
in that location regardless of the fact if the system is indicating
via BIOS interrupt INT13h/15h that the line change status is
supported in the first place.
And VB is apparently clearly stating when "asked" that it does not
support the drive change line status, hence you can not rely on those
bits in the BDA. Simple as that...

Ralf