Hi,

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Louis Santillan <lpsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried 64MB & 32MB.  The game still sees 0K EMS.  Mem/c also reports 0K
> available via Int 15h which seems odd.

Ignore MEM, it often reports wrong numbers on things other than
conventional memory.

Dunno exactly what to tell you. Try 16 MB RAM. Try manually loading
JEMMEX from cmdline (e.g. "JEMMEX X=TEST I=TEST LOAD").

Which VirtualBox are you using? Atop Windows, I presume? Is VT-X enabled?

Honestly, I hate to say it, but VirtualBox (without VT-X) is buggy and
slow, so it's semi-useless for DOS stuff. I was using it yesterday on
my laptop, and it was painful. I don't blame them, it's hard work, but
it's still frustrating for an end user. It actually seemed that 32-bit
pmode stuff was much slower than (presumably easier to emulate) 16-bit
real mode stuff.

You'll have to tweak a lot to try. Unfortunately none of us has that
particular game, so we can't test for you. Try creating a minimal
CONFIG.SYS + AUTOEXEC.BAT to minimize chances that other stuff is
interfering.

You might just be better off running DOSBox, which is specifically
meant for games. It's certainly easier to setup.

http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=1882&letter=F

According to that page, this game seems to be working (says Lucasfr) in DOSBox.