Op 8-1-2013 20:22, KOS schreef:
> No currently there is not something because I have not managed to
> install it yet, since I cannot make the bootloader work. After
> installing everything, the bootloader does not give me the right
> options like shown here
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/freedos/index.php?title=VirtualBox_-_Chapter_5
> (I am installing it on a real machine not a VM).

Are the expected files present at C: ?
Next to whatever directory you installed FreeDOS to, you should have the
following files:
C:\KERNEL.SYS
C:\COMMAND.COM
optional: C:\CONFIG.SYS (or FDCONFIG.SYS)
optional: C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT

If it's just the bootsector missing, then solving the issue is done by
performing (from FreeDos directory or from bootdisk or CD) :

SYS C:

> I like that dos is still developed by you and I hope I could help
> somehow one day (being a programmer)

Sounds like an interesting option. I'd still recommend to use some
virtual machine and develop your program there.

Bernd