Yes the files are there, I have inserted the compact flash disk
(installing on an alix-1d) into a reader and they are there hidden as
they should be.

should I give SYS C: at the grub prompt?

I have developed XDOS http://www.microwave.gr/giannopk/xdos.htm a
collection of msdos 6.22 and a huge lot of applications. I have not
written a single line of code, this is just a collection of programs
about 2gb. I think it would be nice to share them with someone
developing freedos so that they are included in the next distro as
they are or just to give new ideas of what programs could be written.
I have spent about 3 months collecting these programs and make them work ok.
Please let me know if you are interested in seeing this stuff

2013/1/8, Bernd Blaauw <bbla...@home.nl>:
> Op 8-1-2013 20:22, KOS schreef:
>> No currently there is not something because I have not managed to
>> install it yet, since I cannot make the bootloader work. After
>> installing everything, the bootloader does not give me the right
>> options like shown here
>> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/freedos/index.php?title=VirtualBox_-_Chapter_5
>> (I am installing it on a real machine not a VM).
>
> Are the expected files present at C: ?
> Next to whatever directory you installed FreeDOS to, you should have the
> following files:
> C:\KERNEL.SYS
> C:\COMMAND.COM
> optional: C:\CONFIG.SYS (or FDCONFIG.SYS)
> optional: C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT
>
> If it's just the bootsector missing, then solving the issue is done by
> performing (from FreeDos directory or from bootdisk or CD) :
>
> SYS C:
>
>> I like that dos is still developed by you and I hope I could help
>> somehow one day (being a programmer)
>
> Sounds like an interesting option. I'd still recommend to use some
> virtual machine and develop your program there.
>
> Bernd

Konstantinos Giannopoulos (SV3ORA)
Computer and Telecommunications Engineer
Director of the Greek Microwave Group (www.microwave.gr)