> Not booting from USB but reading FLASH on USB as a drive letter like a
> floppy.
> I do it all the time. I read the camera flash and play the movies and
> look at pictures
> on flash. Flash is usually drive E: Unfornunately you can only read one
> flash
> at a time unless you can run DUSE which only works on a Cypress chip set.

> cheers
> DS

My experience with USB sticks in FreeDOS is that the USB stick is treated like
a fixed disk: must be in at boot time, and no changing USB sticks.

USB stick does not get a drive letter if file system is other than FAT (16 or
32).  I have some USB sticks with Linux (ext2fs) or BSD (ffs aka UFS) file
systems.

I was able to boot FreeDOS with Syslinux, but don't know if I can set that up
again.

Tom