I want to run Fractint, an old DOS fractal image generater.
I used to run it on Win95, 98, and NT, and it will run on some WinXPmachines,
but not mine.
So I have installed VirtualBox and finally successfully installed FreeDOS as a
Guest in it... in the Settings I put FRACTINT.EXE and all its accompanying
files into a "Shared Folder" for FreeDOS.

But I still can't run Fractint.
*(The Shared Folders are  C:\DOS\fractint\FRACTINT.EXE )

The bottom of the running FreeDOS window shows C:\>_
By typing "dir" I see that FreeDOS DOES show Fractint!
By typing "dir fractint" I see that FreeDOS lists the scores of files in the
Fractint Folder, including "FRACTINT.EXE".

But that's as far as I have gotten... HOW do I get FreeDOS to RUN Fractint?
How is it done?
Thanks for any help!

---