From: dos386 <dos...@gmail.com>

> > There must be SOME browsers for DOS which can handle it!
>  You talk as if you know for sure there is one.
> Is this the case ?

Links (well ... 2.13 works after minimal tests, but not tested on
80386 with < 16 MiO RAM)

DOSLYNX (HTTPS works, but has some other flaws, hopefully needs less
RAM than LINKS)

http://www.xaver.me/drdoswiki/index.php?n=Main.Browsers

> Want to browse the web with support for current standards?  Use a
> browser under Windows or a flavor of *nix.  (I'm in Firefox

FireFox 1 -> 4 MiO
FireFox 48 -> 50 MiO

The bloat increase is just incredible :-D and sure RAM and CPU
consumption grows too

I had FireFox pretty well working on my great Pentium 1 laptop with 64 MiO RAM
some years ago ... nowadays the Internet is on the limit of usability with
Pentium 3 and 256 MiO. When are they going to drop Pentium 3 and XP?
Can I have the good old paper mail of FreeDOS lists?

Also the Opera development after version 9 is shameful ... bloat, many
new "features"
(most of them useless), the absurd JavaScript "performance" race, notoriously
bad quality of releases (the infamous NO-SCRIPT-BUG ...) ... and killing their
native engine after version 12.

The world doesn't need "fastest" JavaScript engines needing
several 100 MiO RAM, and even less Adobe Flu$h.

The "current standards" are just absurdly increasing cost for essentially same
functionality (we could use mail, post in forums, upload and download files,
use
CVS/SVN/GIT, Bugzilla, online maps, timetables, ...) already 10 or 15 years
ago. The "new great user experience" means just that Internet more and
more sucks.

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (1:2320/105.99)

---
 * BgNet 1.0b12 = CCO * KY/US * 502/875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net