On Sat, 17 Sep 2022 09:55:34 +0200
Robert Riebisch <r...@bttr-software.de> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> > would certainly help. However, the other alternative in my case
> > would be LPR. I have not found a package with LPR yet, and most
> > links I have found around the web either include anything but a
> > binary or are broken. I see mention of a source file for it as part
> > of WATTCP but have no idea how to get it, nor how to build it once
> > obtained.
>
> I never tried, but lpr.exe can be found in
> <https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/net/wattcp/wat2001b.zip>.
> Look in apps/apps.zip.

Ah, this seems to work well, for printing a named file. Can certainly
print plain text with lpr [address of printer] filename. As for getting
output from the apps I'm using, it would mean capturing an LPT port to
a file somehow. Still working on that one.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-free...@tinsleyviaduct.com