On 9/17/2022 8:30 PM, PhilI never tried, but lpr.exe can be found in
<https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/net/wattcp/wat2001b.zip>.
Look in apps/apps.zip.
Ah, this seems to work well, for printing a named file. Can certainly
print plain text with lpr [address of printer] filename. As for getting
output from the apps I'm using, it would mean capturing an LPT port to
a file somehow. Still working on that one.

Should be easy enough, (prn is the first lpt port, and can easily be redirected to a file using the mode command).  Not directly related, but I did used to use prn to make some programs print everything they said, then have my screen reader pick the info out of prn, to make those apps usable.

It wasn't a great solution, but it was better than nothing, so <shrug>