On Sat, 17 Sep 2022 22:39:54 -0400
Travis Siegel <tsie...@softcon.com> wrote:

> Should be easy enough, (prn is the first lpt port, and can easily be
> redirected to a file using the mode command).  Not directly related,
> but I did used to use prn to make some programs print everything they
> said, then have my screen reader pick the info out of prn, to make
> those apps usable.
>
> It wasn't a great solution, but it was better than nothing, so <shrug>

I can't see how to get mode to do this, and the particular apps don't
allow use of a file as a printer.

Fortunately it's not a big issue. As I'm using qemu anyway, I can
easily save the lpt output. I have also found something I can use on
the host Linux box to interpret the PCL output and convert it it PDF -
gpcl6 from a local compile of ghostpdl. I've tested - the output seems
to be just fine.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-free...@tinsleyviaduct.com