Now that I have got my FreeDOS setup working correctly again (a fresh
setup and copying over my old apps sorted it), I am looking into how I
might be able to print from some apps (normally they expect a directly
connected printer supporting either ESC/P2 or PCL). I have not found
anything about IPP being possible from FreeDOS, but if it is, that
would certainly help. However, the other alternative in my case would
be LPR. I have not found a package with LPR yet, and most links I have
found around the web either include anything but a binary or are
broken. I see mention of a source file for it as part of WATTCP but
have no idea how to get it, nor how to build it once obtained.

Of course, there might not be a successful way to get usable output,
but any suggestions would be welcome.

(The printer would be accessible directly or through cups running on
the host Linux system - and there may even be ways to provide any
additional filters required at that level - it is outside the scope of
this question to worry about that.)

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-free...@tinsleyviaduct.com