I reinstalled from floppy onto a 40MB IDE drive and this works. So it must
be something to do with the CF card. The card works with MSDos.  MS-DOS
only sees it as a 504MB drive. I FDISK and format it and it works. Is there
anything I can try with FreeDOS to get this working?

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 11:57 AM Jürgen Wondzinski <juer...@woody-soft.de>
wrote:

> I have a customer with similar setup, using 256MB CF-Cards. Funnily enuf,
> directly formatting that cards with RUFUS using the current FreeDos ISO
> results in the same error as you describe.
> I survived with partition it with RUFUS and Boot-Selection “builtIn
> FreeDos”. Then I just copy the content of the current FreeDos ZIP/ISO onto
> the Card. I.e. Replacing Kernel.sys, Command.com, Config.sys, Autoexec.bat,
> then adding the “Freedos” folder, and deleting the “Locale” folder.
>

> Haven’t yet investigated why the builtin image works as bootable, but the
> external image doesn’t.
>

> With kind regards from Bavaria
>

> *Jürgen Wondzinski *
>
> Visual FoxPro <http://www.msdn.com/vfoxpro> Evangelist
>
> Microsoft "Most Valuable Professional
> <http://mvp.microsoft.com/de-de/overview.aspx>" from 1996 to 2009, "Servoy
> Valued Professional <http://www.servoy.com/>“ 2011
>
> My XING Profile <https://www.xing.com/profile/Juergen_Wondzinski>, and
> LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/wondzinski> and Facebook
> <http://www.facebook.com/juergen.wondzinski> and Twitter
> <http://www.twitter.com/wondzinski> and…..
> GCS d+ s:+ a+++ C++ !U P--- L E? W++ N++ o-- K--? w+++ O? !M--? V-- PS PE
> !Y? !PGP t 5 X R tv- b DI+ D? G e++ h-- r+++ y+++

Jeremy Leonard
jere...@elite4god.com
Cell: (517) 285-8309