Hi,

Dne 29.4.2015 v 19:42 Martin Babinsky napsal(a):
The attached patch is a merge of PATCHES 0031-0032 incorporating Simo's
and Martin's suggestions (see e.g.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2015-April/msg00327.html
for reference).

IMHO we should set the environment variable in /etc/systemd/system/httpd.service, instead of providing a new service file, because we are just changing configuration, not creating a new concurrent httpd instance, as is the case with ipa-memcached, and also not using alternative httpd implementation which masks the current one, as is the case with bind-pkcs11. It would simplify the whole thing significantly and it's even recommended in httpd.service to do so:

# For example, to pass additional options (for instance, -D definitions) to the
    # httpd binary at startup, you need to create a file named
    # "/etc/systemd/system/httpd.service" containing:
    #   .include /lib/systemd/system/httpd.service
    #   [Service]
    #   Environment=OPTIONS=-DMY_DEFINE

(BTW I wonder why /etc/sysconfig/httpd support was removed from httpd in Fedora (<http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/httpd.git/commit/?id=0b19f7b6e1a47c6167a8ab43b4a9d1e759b54721>), it seems like a better place to customize environment variables, rather than having to create a modified service file...)

Anyway, I would prefer if we set it in a way that works on non-systemd distros as well. Can't we just set "GssapiCredStore ccache:FILE:/var/run/httpd/krbcache/krb5ccache" in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ipa.conf?

Honza