On 08/11/2015 09:08 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 11.8.2015 09:00, Milan Kubík wrote:

On 08/10/2015 06:22 PM, Milan Kubík wrote:

On 08/10/2015 06:02 PM, Milan Kubík wrote:

On 08/10/2015 05:54 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:

On 10.8.2015 17:43, Milan Kubík wrote:

Hi all,

this patch fixes problem described in the ticket [1]

that caused the test run to fail completely at every other or so run.

I took the liberty to fix most of the pep8 issues while I was at it.

Thanks to Jan Cholasta for help with identifying this one.

IMO this would be more robust:

    t = None

    try:

    finally:

        del t

        nss.nss_shutdown()

By assigning a value to the variable at the beginning you make sure

that the del statement will not fail.

Honza

Thanks for the idea. It also removed the version check.

Updated patch attached.

Milan

Self NACK.

I have updated the fix for all of the leaks in that class. It seems to

corrupt the database even when no init/shutdown was called. Just not

so often.

Milan

NACK again. The problem is the reference counting. Even with this patch,

there seems to be at least one reference left after 't' is deleted and

nss.nss_shutdown races with the garbage collector.

Doesn't the PKCDDocument object also reference some NSS objects? It
might be worth trying to delete it manually before nss_shutdown as well.

Yes, this patch doesn't work. There are still some references left.

The problem may be on multiple places in here [1].

There may be a reference still bound to the doc label.
Another problem is that python 2 code:

[x for x in [123, 456]]

creates 2 references to 456 as the list used in the assert lives for some time
before it is garbage collected even though it is not reachable,
holding a reference to the object labeled as t.

I don't know how nss counts the references to its objects but I think we should delete all the objects that use/are used by nss explicitly. This means assigning the list produced by the list comprehension a name as well and the delete it when it is not needed.

I'll send the patch shortly.

[1]: https://paste.fedoraproject.org/253748/92783071/

Milan