On 08.01.2016 12:45, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 01/06/2016 03:28 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Hello,

Patches 0753-0757 fix remaining warnings from `pylint --py3k`, except
"no-absolute-import" (which seems redundant to me) and the ones in
contrib/RHEL4.
The last patch adds py3k lint check  to make-lint. It's a bit
cumbersome, since pylint doesn't allow running regular checkers and the
py3k ones at the same time, but it allows you to run the check. As for
whether to enable --py3k by default, or run it on every package build,
I'd like to defer the decision to core devs. (Is CI good enough nowadays
to only run it there?)

[0] https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-July/msg00055.html
Here's a new version of the patchset, updated to current master.
The last patch requires 0758 (removing contrib/RHEL4) which is being
reviewed in another thread.

Hello I tried --py3k option and it doesn't print any error, can we enable that check by default to prevent python3 regressions?

# ./make-lint --py3k
No config file found, using default configuration

Otherwise code LGTM and works for me, Honza will give you the final ack.