On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 09:28:38 -0500
Peter Doherty <dohe...@hkl.hms.harvard.edu> wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2011, at 09:09 , Simo Sorce wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 22:30:50 -0500
> > Peter Doherty <dohe...@hkl.hms.harvard.edu> wrote:

> >> Can I upgrade from Beta-1 to Beta-2, or are they incompatible?
> >
> > There are small incompatibilities, some new schema and some changes
> > to the DIT.
> >

> So you can't upgrade from 1.2 to 1.9 and you can't go from 1.9 to 2.0
> and you can't go from 2.0 beta-1 to 2.0 beta-2?
>
> So why would I want to use a product like that?

Upgrades will be possible within stable releases.

Handling upgrades in development versions would cost too much
development time w/o any real benefit as schema and DIT will be fixed
in stone once 2.0 final will be released.

Alpha and Beta release are not meant for production but only for
testing environments.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York