On 06/30/2011 11:08 AM, Ondrej Valousek wrote:

> On 30.06.2011 16:55, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Look at the output of this for details: ipa help automount
>
> I see, thanks!
> It would be nice to update man pages like:
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/FreeIPA_Guide/configuring-automount.html
> to say something like:
> LDAP_URI="ldap:///dc=example,dc=com";
> SEARCH_BASE="cn=<location>,cn=automount,dc=example,dc=com"
> So people know more automounter's ability to locate ldap server via
> DNS SRV....

Can you please rephrase? Do you mean that instead of documenting what we
already have or in addition to it, we should also document how to
configure automount with DNS?
Does DNS allow specifying the search base?
Can you please point on any doc/man page that describes how to configure
DNS for automount. We might add it as a reference into the doc. Is this
what you are looking for?

> Thanks!
> Ondrej

Thank you,