On 01.07.2011 16:33, Adam Young wrote:
With automount, what we found is that there is a wide array of implementation approaches. Based on talking with people that are interested in IPA, we found that people can't even agree on whether the users home directories should be automatically created when the user is added to the system. Often, people have multiple locations, and the user does not get a home directory for a location until they need it. Thus, we've taken the blank slate approach to automount policy.

Ok, I did not mention automounter maps at this point, I only discussed the very
first step - how to bind automounter to our DS.
And there, as I believe, should be wide consensus that the approach described above is the best (I even believe that anonymous binds to the DS should be forbidden by default - the same way AD does).

By having it a part of the /ipa-client-install/ procedure we would sort out many questions about not-working automounter (see the recent discussion on this list) so admins can directly concentrate on the automounter maps.

Will I get any attention if I submit a RFE into the RedHat bugzilla? I can try
to code something myself but I am not too god in python :-( .

Thanks,
Ondrej