On 07/17/2012 05:43 PM, Stephen Ingram wrote:

> [ details of performance analysis snipped for brevity ]

I wonder if we shouldn't add some timing metrics to our code. As it is it's very hard to know where time is being spent.

When I wrote the session code I added some timestamps used for managing session timeouts. It wouldn't be too hard to expand this to time how long it takes a command to execute because it's evaluated for every command. Combined with timestamping in the UI code we could get a reasonable idea of where some bottlenecks lie (or don't).

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/