On 04/15/2013 11:45 AM, Adam Bishop wrote:
Hi,

I've just had a go at deploying FreeIPA v3.1.3 and have hit a minor road bump.

   The server hostname resolves to more than one address:
     yyyy:yyyy:yyyy:yyyy::4
     xxx.xxx.xxx.180
   Please provide the IP address to be used for this host name:

The answer I would like to give here is both - is this a limitation of the
installation script that I can fix up later, or is FreeIPA incompatible with
dual-stacked hosts at the moment?

We're supposed to work fine with IPv6. Dual stack should also be fine. I know we've done a bunch of testing in this area but apparently something fell through the cracks. I suspect this is an installer only issue where it's validation logic is not sufficiently robust. Please open a bug report so we can address this. I think if you pick one of the addresses and let the install proceed everything should just work. Please let us know if it doesn't. I'm not surprised we still have some IPv6 bumps to smooth out, it doesn't get exercised as much as IPv4. FWIW we fully expect IPv6 enabled systems to be dual stack.

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/