Bret Wortman wrote:
My replication situation has gotten a bit messed up.

I have four replicas that are up and running and two that I'm trying to
delete (one is not a replica any more, one didn't upgrade well during
its fedup upgrade from F17->F18 and as such I had to do a clean OS install).

# ipa-replica-manage list
bad1.foo.net: master
bad2.foo.net: master
good1.foo.net <http://good1.foo.net>: master
good2.foo.net <http://good2.foo.net>: master
good3.foo.net <http://good3.foo.net>: master
good4.foo.net <http://good4.foo.net>: master
# ipa-replica-manage list ipamaster.foo.net
good1.foo.net <http://good1.foo.net>: replica
good2.foo.net <http://good2.foo.net>: replica
good3.foo.net <http://good3.foo.net>: replica
good4.foo.net <http://good4.foo.net>: replica
# ipa-replica-manage del --force bad1.foo.net <http://bad1.foo.net>
'ipamaster.foo.net <http://ipamaster.foo.net>' has no replication
agreement for 'bad1.foo.net <http://bad1.foo.net>'
# ipa-replica-manage del --force bad2.foo.net <http://bad2.foo.net>
'ipamaster.foo.net <http://ipamaster.foo.net>' has no replication
agreement for 'bad2.foo.net <http://bad2.foo.net>'
#
_
_
What I need to do is remove bad1 completely and then remove bad2 and
re-add it as a replica. Any ideas?

I guess I'd start on bad1 and see what replication agreements it thinks it has. It is worth it to double-check on all the good hosts too, just to be sure that nobody has an agreement.

Assuming it has no agreements, add the --cleanup flag to the del command. This will prompt you to erase the replica as a master. We have lots of warnings because this can be a pretty dangerous command.

Once removed you can safely uninstall the replica and re-install if you'd like.