Bret Wortman wrote:
Well, my master ground to a halt and wasn't responding. I rebooted the
system and now I can't access the web UI or ssh to the master either. I
have console access but that's it.

The services all say they're running, but the web UI gives an "Unknown
Error" dialog and ssh fails with "ssh_exchange_identification:
Connection closed by remote host" whenever I try to ssh to ipamaster. I
think something has gone really wrong inside my master. Any ideas? Even
after the reboot, --cleanup isn't helping and just hangs.

The logfiles end (as of the time I ^C'd the process) with:

NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=meTogood3.spx.net
<http://meTogood3.spx.net>" (good3:389): Replication bind with GSSAPI
auth failed: LDAP error -2 (Local error) (SASL(-1): generic failure:
GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more
information (Cannot determine realm for numeric host address))
NSMMReplicationPlugin - CleanAllRUV Task: Replica not online
(agmt="cn=meTogood3.foo.net <http://meTogood3.foo.net>" (good3:389))
NSMMReplicationPlugin - CleanAllRUV Task: Not all replicas online,
retrying in 160 seconds...,

So it looks like it's having trouble talking with one of my replicas and
is doggedly trying to get the job done. Any idea how to get the master
back working again while I troubleshoot this connectivity issue?

That suggests a DNS problem, and it might explain ssh as well depending on your configuration.

rob

_
_
*Bret Wortman*