On 03/20/2015 05:28 PM, Roberto Cornacchia wrote:
It certainly gets there, because the client gets in fact enrolled as a domain host. I can see it from the UI in Identity / Hosts. But not in the DNS zone.

*Before ipa-client-install, all these do work: *

$ ssh ipa.hq.example.com <http://ipa.hq.example.com>
$ ntpdate ipa.hq.example.com <http://ipa.hq.example.com>
$ ldapsearch -x -h ipa.hq.example.com <http://ipa.hq.example.com> -b dc=hq,dc=example,dc=com uid=admin

*After running ipa-client-install, all these do work:*

$ kinit admin
Password for ad...@hq.example.com <mailto:ad...@hq.example.com>:
$ ipa dnszone-show --all
[...]
$ ntpq -p
 remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
*ipa.hq.example. 131.155.140.130 3 u 19 64 1 0.415 -0.006 0.000 LOCAL(0) .LOCL. 5 l - 64 0 0.000 0.000 0.000

*But this does NOT work:*
$ getent passwd ad...@hq.example.com <mailto:ad...@hq.example.com>

What do SSSD logs show on the client?
Please rise the SSSD debug_level and provide SSSD logs.

*On the server, in /var/log/krb5kdc.log, I see many of these:*

Mar 20 21:53:17 ipa.hq.example.com <http://ipa.hq.example.com> krb5kdc[9229](info): AS_REQ (6 etypes {18 17 16 23 25 26}) 192.168.0.207 <http://192.168.0.207>: NEEDED_PREAUTH: ad...@hq.example.com <mailto:ad...@hq.example.com> for krbtgt/hq.example....@hq.example.com <mailto:c...@hq.example.com>, Additional pre-authentication required Mar 20 21:53:17 ipa.hq.example.com <http://ipa.hq.example.com> krb5kdc[9229](info): AS_REQ (6 etypes {18 17 16 23 25 26}) 192.168.0.207 <http://192.168.0.207>: ISSUE: authtime 1426884797, etypes {rep=18 tkt=18 ses=18}, ad...@hq.example.com <mailto:ad...@hq.example.com> for krbtgt/hq.example....@hq.example.com <mailto:hq.example....@hq.example.com>

This is not an error. It is a normal user authentication.
OK so it is DNS that is not working. Is DNS server running on the server?
What do Bind logs show?

192.168.0.207 is the IP of the client I'm trying to install. However, higher up in the log, I also see such errors for the ipa server itself.